Welcome and May God Bless you this day!

I pray for all who may read my blog! I hope it is uplifting and maybe even funny. Lol! My boys are that is for sure!

Holding on to God

Holding on to God

Monday, June 14, 2010

So today was my first day of teaching VBS. Thankgoodness I wasn't alone and had a wonderful friend as my co-teachers.We were Cree indians and talking about how God came to our chief and he began serving the Great Peace Chief God. It was really fun and we had four kids who raised their hands to ask God to help them love him. It was great! All my boys enjoyed their class's. My K said it was great and told me all the things he did,My J said he really liked it and My C said kinda because there was too much talking and they didn't play games long enough lol! My E had a friend and stayed in the nursery most of the time but then in the end came with us on our treasure hunt. It was so fun holding his little hand as we walked around. The kids liked having him with us as well. We had alot of boys that were more high strung kids but since I have had K and E it wasn't anything new to me thankgoodness!!!!!! I think I will be so much more ready for it tomorrow.
The story we tell the kids is really good about a Chief who learned about God from a man who came and translated the The Bible into Cree. His father was then killed by white settlers and later at a peace treaty gathering he was told that that man who had killed his father was there in the crowd. The Chief had him braught to him,had them take off his cloths which was a sign that he was going to kill him but then had them dress him in his (the chiefs)best cloths and given his best horse and said the man was now his father and to go tell all that this is how he treated his enemys. I watched as the boys sat there so quietly and one with his eyes so big in amazement! I loved it!
Of coure that is a small part of the story.
I am glad to be doing this and C loves that I am one of the teachers and he will be in my class. Lol! Sweet boy! As he was passing my class tonight he stopped and said,"Hows it going?" Oh so sweet! What four wonderful gifts from God I have!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment