Welcome and May God Bless you this day!

I pray for all who may read my blog! I hope it is uplifting and maybe even funny. Lol! My boys are that is for sure!

Holding on to God

Holding on to God

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Homeschooling

I am really feeling disturbed by people who don't understand or regard highly what a homeschooling mother does! I have had many people smile and say,"Oh I've been there" "I understand what your dealing with" But not to down play anything they have been through but I have as of yet to meet a single person outside of a meeting or two with the home school group in a long time that has any idea what it is like to stay at home and home school four boys under the age of seven.
To keep a house decently clean,children fed,school done,laundry kept up,food in the house,cooking meals and snacks, and in the summer taking care of the yard, and spend time with your kids, time with your husband,pray,read the Bible,make appointments for eye check ups,dentist visits,grocery shop,keep tabs on what the house needs,kids need with cloths,breakfast and lunch for your husbands day at work,time at church and many other little to big things that pop up.
No I don't do all of that in one day but I do a lot of it! Many nights I am so exhausted by the time the kids are all tucked in bed,prayers said,song sang and Bible read.

I don't say much when I am around most women because they have no clue what it is like and I feel if I do talk of it the look in there eyes is not something I feel understands or approves. And sometimes as if I am looking down on them because they don't or didn't.
The decision to home school isn't some thing most people care to understand. At least that is how I feel. It can feel very lonely even if your husband is behind it 100%.
I think I need to be more involved in the home school group. But there have been many reasons that has been difficult to do.
I am Blessed to have a wonderful Husband though it does truly make such a difference! God is the most wonderful support to have! I have always known this was His will not just mine and man that does help. I can make it with God on my side!I know I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment